Saturday, November 21, 2009

Mixing brown and black

Happy Saturday Everyone!
It was requested that I talk about the rule of mixing brown and black in the same outfit; I'm happy to do it! I am certain that this request came about when I wore a black sweater, tall brown boots over dark jeans. This is my take on the whole thing: when mixing any colors, the shade greatly makes the difference. In regards to these particular colors, there are two ways when it works best- when both the brown and the black are dark shades, and when you mix them with solids. For those of you thinking "Are there really darker shades of black then others?" The answer is yes...it looks somewhat faded, not as rich, but it's not considered grey yet either. Basically, if it's the right brown and the right black, then sure, why not? This is what I'm talking about...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment