Monday, November 9, 2009

Scarf or No Scarf?

I was recently reminded that choosing the right fabric is just as important as choosing the right accessory. My scarf was incredibly cute to look at but I felt like I was getting a neck rash after only having it on for half an hour! It wasn't quite as bad as wearing an itchy sweater, but it was right there in that neighborhood. Although I'd like to warn my readers about this scarf, the brand shall remain anonymous. I can tell you that it is 72% acrylic, go figure. Now I'm hardly one to choose comfort over style (I wouldn't own half the shoes I do if that was the case), but if the discomfort makes you start questioning your fashion sense (and your sanity), then it's time to move on. Right now I am in the process of making my own scarf, but it's my first one, so the verdict is still out on whether or not it will be wearable. In the mean time, I am exploring other options. All involving cashmere:) Here are my top picks under $100 (sorry Burberry).


Merona Cashmere Scarf- $24.99- Great color and price!


Ann Taylor Perfect Luxe Scarf- $45.00

This one is a silk/cashmere wool blend, but the wool is only 20%, so I still think it will be itch free. It comes in a variety of colors.

2 comments:

  1. I am a fan of the black scarf... looks like a good staple piece! You could change it up by adding a flower or funky pin. :) Love you!
    -Shonna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes a flower would be a great addition to the black scarf, although I think it would be great addition to any of them. Thanks for the feedback!

    ReplyDelete