Monday, December 7, 2009

Hennes & Mauritz

I recently had a wonderful trip to H&M- the ultimate  cost friendly, trendy clothing store. In fact, their mission statement is "Fashion and quality at the same price". I don't get there as much as I want, due to the fact that there is not one close to me, but I did buy some great finds. And in my search to share the items with everyone, I stumbled upon their very unique website. At first, I hated it. I thought it was the most non-user friendly (sorry for being wordy) website I had been to. But I stuck with it and found a section that turned out to be pretty cool. Basically you pick a model (hit the clear button at the bottom if you want to start from scratch),and you get to mix and match any of the pieces that you want to see together. I got completely distracted with this thing and ended up playing on it for 30 minutes instead of writing a blog. In all honesty, I think it's the only thing I really like about their website. The fact that you can't buy any of the clothes online in the US is a really big set back (for me). The company originated in Sweden and blew up overseas, which is why you can buy online in other countries. I have no doubt they are working on getting things up and running in the states, but in the mean time, I'll use this little tool to help me throw some trendy outfits together:)


2 comments:

  1. Ok. So this post inspires me to go back to the H&M website now... because I, like you, previously felt that it is rather pointless. I like the mix and match model idea, though! Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting Jen! They really don't have it together with their website... It's so confusing trying to find their clothes! I do really enjoy this tool though, if nothing else, it's very entertaining:)

    ReplyDelete